Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Play doh

I'm fairly sure that in every post I've written so far I've promised something about birds. OOPS. Turns out, we're just not that into birds. We've done a few things and read some books, but we're kind of over it. (we were never that into it) We're moving on to something new. I'm thinking a Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See unit. 

What we have done is make our own play doh though! I found some instructions here

We don't have cream of tartar. (don't judge me, but I don't even know what that is) And I didn't use peppermint oil or glitter. Although I did promise to make a pink glitter batch soon. 

I did try to line up all of the ingredients to take a picture to start with, but then a couple of little busy bodies jumped in and started dumping it all in.
Miss Kaydence measuring salt 

Adding it to the bowl





Let's stop to admire Kaydence. That's her super model pose. 


Okay, we mixed it al up and then I decided we wanted three colors. We dropped a bit of food coloring onto each mound of "doh"


It took a while to work in, and doesn't look as good as the pictures, but it's done!







We had a blast playing with this play doh. We've tried some other versions of this that dried out really quickly or was hard to play with. This was just right. I keep them in plastic baggies, the only negative is that they get slimy after a while. The pink one had some weird brown goo oozing from it. I threw that one away. I'm not sure if it was because something else got added to the baggie (most likely) or if it was just some weird fluke. The blue and green are a little gooey, but have not yet developed any sort of brown ooze. This was the perfect rainy day rescue! 

I am working on building a tire playground in our back yard. I'll post pictures soon, but don't have high expectations because I literally have no idea what I'm doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment